Mid-Level Graphic Designer
Location: Pasadena, CA
Type: Freelance, Remote/Off-site, Based in LA or OC
At Pastilla, the Designer is responsible for driving the visuals of a wide variety of projects including digital, branding, print and marketing campaigns. They have a deep understanding of how visuals crossover between a variety of media, and play a major role in the agency working alongside the Creative Director & Art Director. They are not only visual designers, but also conceptual and strategic thinkers. We are looking for a designer who is motivated, grows quickly, aims to exceed expectations and delivers concepts and visuals that inspire.
- Work on a wide range of projects that include digital (websites, mobile applications, motion), branding, print and marketing campaigns.
- Ideate compelling concepts and develop them into tangible design solutions.
- Collaborate closely with Creative Director, Art Director, Mid-Level Designers, Strategists and Project Managers.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects from ideation to final delivery.
- Work effectively both as an individual and as part of a team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a creative centric role within an agency or in-house design team environment.
- Team-oriented, enthusiastic, self-motivated and adaptive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics, Motion, UX, UI, or Experience Design or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After Effects, Sketch, InDesign, InVision).
- Solid design fundamentals: typography, composition, color, layout and relentless attention to detail.
- Understanding of development technology, solution sets, and keeping up with industry changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively in remote role
- Multi-tasking with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take charge / take responsibility and know when and how to delegate.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, processes, procedures and techniques.
- A strong understanding of branding methodologies & processes.